Teenager seriously injured in Dudley machete attack on moped
Teen seriously hurt in Dudley machete attack

A 16-year-old boy has been left with serious injuries after a violent incident involving machetes in Dudley. The teenager was approached by two young men on a moped on Duncan Edwards Close at around 2pm on Saturday, May 23. He was attacked and sustained serious injuries to his chest and face, requiring surgery.

Police appeal for information

Detective Inspector Joe Davenport described the attack as 'horrific'. He said: 'This was an horrific attack in the middle of the day and it could easily have resulted in this boy losing his life. We've been working tirelessly since then to understand exactly what happened, and who was responsible, and I'd urge anyone with information to get in touch as soon as possible.'

West Midlands Police have set up a dedicated webpage for the public to send information, pictures, and video directly to officers. A spokesperson said: 'We're appealing for the public's help after a teenager was left seriously injured when violence broke out involving a group of people with machetes in Dudley. The 16-year-old was taken to hospital where he remains in a serious but stable condition today.'

Wide Pickt banner — collaborative shopping lists app for Telegram, phone mockup with grocery list

How to help

Officers have recovered CCTV and mobile phone footage and are now asking for help from the public to identify and arrest those involved. Extra patrols are taking place in the area. Anyone with information can contact police on 101, quoting log 2561 of 23 May, or use the dedicated web page.

Pickt after-article banner — collaborative shopping lists app with family illustration