Stourport Pub Stabbing: Police Identify Trio After Attack
Stourport Pub Stabbing: Police Identify Trio

Police have issued an update after a man was stabbed at a popular Stourport pub. A 34-year-old was injured during an incident in the garden of The Bridge Inn on Saturday afternoon (May 16).

Emergency services were called to the Bridge Street boozer at around 2.30pm. Medics treated the victim for a minor injury before taking him to hospital. He has since been discharged.

Investigation Progress

As part of the investigation, West Mercia Police released a CCTV image of three men officers wished to identify. On Monday morning (May 18), the force said the trio had been identified.

Wide Pickt banner — collaborative shopping lists app for Telegram, phone mockup with grocery list

The investigation was 'continuing to progress' and officers were 'looking to make an arrest in the coming days'.

Police Statement

Detective Sergeant Craig Tennant said: “Enquiries are continuing to progress after identifying three men who were believed to be in the area at the time of the incident, and we are looking to make an arrest in the coming days.

“Thankfully, the victim did not suffer serious injuries as a result of the stabbing and was quickly discharged from hospital.

“We believe those involved are known to each other and are content that there is no wider risk to the community.”

Community Reassurance

Police have reassured the public that the incident appears to be isolated and there is no ongoing threat. The investigation continues, with officers working to secure an arrest.

Pickt after-article banner — collaborative shopping lists app with family illustration