A violent assailant has been sentenced to 14 years in prison for attempting to murder his former partner during a harrowing attack at her home, a court has heard. Maxwell Drapkin, 37, of Mike Oborski Close in Kidderminster, appeared at Worcester Crown Court on Friday, May 22, where he pleaded guilty to attempted murder.
Brutal Attack Details
The incident occurred on Sunday, September 21 last year. According to West Mercia Police, Drapkin entered his ex-partner's residence, grabbed her by the neck, and forced her to the ground. He then dragged her into the kitchen, continuing to strangle her before striking her on the head. The victim sustained injuries to her head and eye and was subsequently taken to hospital for treatment.
In a desperate bid to escape, the woman climbed out of a window, fleeing barefoot onto broken glass to seek help from neighbours. The court heard that the attack was unprovoked and left the victim traumatised.
Victim Impact Statement
In a victim impact statement, Drapkin's former partner, who wishes to remain anonymous, expressed her devastation. She said: "I am devastated that everything that happened that night would tarnish any future I may have. I fear I will never be allowed to forget what happened to me and move on. Going to court to attend the trial was extremely difficult for me. It took weeks of support from my friends to build up the courage to stand up in front of strangers to talk about something that has deeply affected me personally in many ways."
Police Commendation
Detective Constable Annabelle Davis of West Mercia Police praised the victim's bravery. She said: "This was a vicious and unprovoked attack, which would have been terrifying for the victim. I would like to commend her for her bravery in coming forward to support the investigation, ensuring a violent offender is put behind bars."
The sentencing marks the end of a traumatic chapter for the victim, who showed immense courage throughout the legal process.



